Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Gwendie Camp, chairman of Candy Fund and Cheryl Dietrich, visit Netwest members

Mary Ricketson, Mary Jo Dyre, Glenda Beall from Netwest on left.
On Right, Gwendie Camp and Cheryl Dietrich, from the Candy Fund.
The Candy Maier Scholarship fund is a non-profit organization that gives scholarships to western North Carolina Women to attend writing conferences, and programs to further their writing goals. It is the only program of its kind in this area. The scholarships are given because these writing experiences provide spiritual and emotional support as well as professional development. The fund was named in honor of Candy Maier who lived only a short time in Asheville before she passed away from cancer. It is in her spirit that this fund was developed.

To make a donation, contact thecandyfund@yahoo.com or mail your check to Candy Maier Fund for Women Writers, 4B Long Shoals Road #164, Arden, North Carolina, 28704-7781.

All gifts are tax-deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.