Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Tipper teaches mountain cooking at JCCFS

In a little town nearby, Brasstown, NC, resides the John C. Campbell Folk School where adults come from all over the world to participate in "camp for grownups" where every day is filled with fun. I spent many, many happy hours on this campus learning from the excellent staff of writers who have been coming here for fifteen years or more.

I have never taken one of the cooking classes they offer, but I am sure this class 
RELISHING MOUNTAIN FLAVOR (INTERGENERATIONAL) 
will be fun because my good friend, Tipper Pressley, the knowledgeable author of her Appalachian blog, The Blind Pig and the Acorn, will be teaching. 
This class is for 12-17 year olds to attend with a parent, grandparent, or guardian -- 1 youth per 1 adult. Youths will receive a $100 discount on tuition.
Tipper Pressley
The folk school has been a fixture in this area since the 1920s and if you don't live in this area, I recommend you plan to take a vacation here and spend a week that will change your life. Take one of the many, many classes offered in music, crafts, writing, jewelry making and other interesting arts. 

a view from Folk School campus
You never know who you might meet because guests from all over the world have found JCCFS and come back again and again. Tipper's class on cooking mountain style is bound to be a good one. 

Have you been to the folk school and if so, what did you like best about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.